Thank you for your interest in touring one of Portland Water District’s facilities. Tours are conducted by plant operators and laboratory scientists. Please read the guidelines and tour descriptions and then submit your request via our online form. These criteria ensure a safe and educational experience for both your students and our staff. You will be contacted as soon as your tour is approved.
Guidelines for All Facilities
- Due to the complexity of content covered, tours at any facility are provided for adults and students in high school and above. Middle school groups will be considered if their course of study is directly related to treatment processes.
- You may request a starting time from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. All tours must end by 3:00 p.m.
- Tour requests must be placed a minimum of one month in advance.
- The maximum number of students on a tour is 20 (excluding chaperones/teachers). Two chaperones per every 10 students are required.
- Facility tours are limited, and requests are fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bags, including purses and backpacks, are not permitted.
- All adults are required to complete a waiver, sign in upon arrival, and must bring a photo ID.
- Guests under 18, must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.