Water Operations - Seasonal
Are you searching for a flexible work schedule for the summer months before heading off to college???
Join our team, and take pride in ensuring that our most valuable asset - CLEAN WATER - continues to flow to our over 200,000 plus customers in the Greater Portland area!!!!
The Portland Water District is seeking motivated individuals to assist in our Water Services Department to perform annual hydrant inspections, assist with our flushing program, and perform routine system maintenance. The position is up to 40 hours per week for up to a maximum of 5 months, at a starting rate of $17.00 per hour. Schedule and duration can be flexible to accommodate potential school schedules. You will also earn 1 hour of earned leave time for every 40 hours worked. Possibility of returning during college breaks.
The successful candidates MUST have a valid State of Maine Driving License with a clean motor vehicle record, be a team player, excellent attendance, dependability, and be a dedicated and motivated employee. Must be 18 years old, and have a high school diploma or equivalent
Come join us for the summer to help us kick start our maintenance programs. Please apply on our website at https://www.pwd.org/employment-opportunities Please let us know what your availability is when you apply.
To learn more about PWD, and our environmental commitment, or to view a detailed job description, please visit our Website at www.pwd.org. PWD is an eoe, offering competitive wages.
The current opening is a temporary position for 40 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, for a minimum of 5 months - however, we are flexible on the hours and days for the right candidate!!! Starting rate of $17.00 per hour (Position will earn 1 hour of earned leave time for each 40 hours worked.)
Purpose/Customer Impact: To provide technical and operational support for the District’s distribution system maintenance programs.
Reports to: Transmission and Distribution Supervisor or Utility Services Supervisor
- Work independently on the District’s distribution maintenance programs.
- Hydrant inspections
- GPS locating
- Flushing program
- Flow testing
- Meter testing
- Field data collection
- Ability to analyze, collect data, and use computer or field laptops to enter data.
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of all field work.
- May assist with the operation and repair of water infrastructure.
- Repair of water mains, valves, hydrants, services and other related assets.
- Assist with operations and maintenance tasks of treatment, pumping, and storage facilities.
Essential Job Functions: Standing, sitting, bending, reaching, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, driving, crawling, walking, lifting(max 50), visual accuracy, clear verbal and written communication, repetitive arm/shoulder usage.
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform Essential Accountabilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Possess a valid State of Maine Class C Driver's license, with a clean driving record.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- A general understanding of computers, spreadsheets, Windows and other Microsoft programs.
- Ability to meet approved physical and medical standards.
- Consistently demonstrate a significant level of the following Competencies: Technical Skills relative to the job, Teamwork, Initiative, Safety Awareness, and Concern for Excellence in Quality.