Water Operations - Seasonal
The current opening is a temporary position for 40 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, for a minimum of 5 months - starting rate of $15.50 per hour (Position will earn 1 hour of earned leave time for each 40 hours worked.
Purpose/Customer Impact: To provide technical and operational support for the District’s distribution system maintenance programs.
Reports to: Transmission and Distribution Supervisor or Utility Services Supervisor
- Work independently on the District’s distribution maintenance programs.
- Hydrant inspections
- GPS locating
- Flushing program
- Flow testing
- Meter testing
- Field data collection
- Ability to analyze, collect data, and use computer or field laptops to enter data.
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of all field work.
- May assist with the operation and repair of water infrastructure.
- Repair of water mains, valves, hydrants, services and other related assets.
- Assist with operations and maintenance tasks of treatment, pumping, and storage facilities.
Essential Job Functions: Standing, sitting, bending, reaching, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, driving, crawling, walking, lifting(max 50), visual accuracy, clear verbal and written communication, repetitive arm/shoulder usage.
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform Essential Accountabilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Possess a valid State of Maine Class C Driver's license, with a clean driving record.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- A general understanding of computers, spreadsheets, Windows and other Microsoft programs.
- Ability to meet approved physical and medical standards.
- Consistently demonstrate a significant level of the following Competencies: Technical Skills relative to the job, Teamwork, Initiative, Safety Awareness, and Concern for Excellence in Quality.