Photo Contest Rules and Eligibility
From May 3-9, 2020, the Portland Water District will conduct a photo contest through Facebook.
Starting May 3 through May 9, participants may submit a photo that depicts consumption of water from Portland Water District. To enter, participants will submit a photo through the Portland Water District Facebook page. Submissions will be voted on by Facebook fans from May 3 through May 9. A total of five (5) winners will be selected by the highest number of votes (“Likes”) on their photos. Winners will be notified through Facebook Messenger from May 11-13, 2020. Each winner can select one prize from the prize list provided. Prizes will be shipped directly from the vendor to winners in May.
- Contest is open to Portland Water District customers only.
- Participants must “Like” the Portland Water District Facebook page.
- Each prize will be awarded to a single winner, provided there is only one winner per Facebook account/household.
- Employees and their immediate families of the Portland Water District, its direct vendors, and its advertising agency are not eligible to participate.
- Submissions will be monitored frequently and inappropriate photos will be deleted and will be ineligible.
Entry Rules and Regulations:
- Participants must submit their photos during the contest dates of May 3-9, 2020 on the Portland Water District Facebook page.
- Only one entry (photo) per Facebook account.
- Voting will start on May 3 and end at May 9 at 4 p.m.
- A total of five (5) winners will be notified through Facebook Messenger May 11-13. Winners will be selected by the five highest number of votes on five different photos.
- Each winner will select one (1) prize from a list of prizes generated by the Portland Water District. Winners must provide a mailing address to the Portland Water District where prize selection should be sent.
Participants are encouraged to submit a photo and share their photo to acquire the most votes. By providing photos, participants agree to allow PWD to use them for the contest and other purposes. Photographers will be credited when possible.
Any photo submissions that do not follow the rules and regulations set forward by the Portland Water District MAY be disqualified. Entrants agree with full compliance to all Portland Water District Social Media Rules and Regulations set forth. Portland Water District has the right to disqualify submissions for any reason. In the event of a tie, Portland Water District will determine the grand prize winner.
The winners will be notified by message on Facebook. Winners will have 24 hours to message the Portland Water District via Facebook to claim their prize. Should a prize not be claimed within 24 hours of notification of winning, a new winner may be announced. The Portland Water District reserves the right to change any of the dates and times.
Odds of winning are equal for each entrant and determined by the number of entries submitted to the promotion.
Selection of Winners:
A total of five (5) winners will be announced/notified Monday, May 11 – Wednesday, May 13, 2020 and announced on Facebook during this timeframe. Participants will only be contacted if they have won.
- Five prizes will be awarded.
- Winners may select from a list of prizes generated by the Portland Water District.
- Winners must providing a mailing address to the Portland Water District when making prize selection so the prize can be shipped directly.
- Prizes are not exchangeable or otherwise transferable.
- All applicable federal, state or local laws apply.
If a prize is returned, the Portland Water District may declare the prize forfeited by the winner and the winner will have no further right to the prize. Winner’s entry and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, photograph or use their likeness for purposes of advertising, publicity or promotion on behalf of the Portland Water District. The name of the winners and their town of residence will be posted on the Portland Water District Facebook page following winner notification.