How many gallons of water, or HCF, does a typical family use in a month?
Your usage depends on the number of people in your household and your lifestyle. Refer to our rates for estimated usage by household size.
Also consider your lifestyle: You will use more water compared to a household with the same number of people if:
- You take more showers or baths
- You take longer showers or baths
- You do outside watering or fill a pool
- You do more loads of wash
- You do more dishwasher loads
- You have more company
- Your family includes a teenager or a baby
- Your appliances and toilets are older and less efficient
- You have not installed low flow shower heads or taken other conservation measures
- You have internal plumbing leaks that have not been fixed