Conserve Water and Stop Pollution!
As part of National Drinking Water Week and Clean Water Week, PWD partners directly with the manufacturer to offer discounted rain barrels at $65 (plus $3.58 tax). This is more than 50% off the retail price.
Rain barrels are a great way to conserve water and reduce pollution! Rain water collected from your roof can be used to water lawns, gardens, and indoor plants.
About your rain barrel:
- Reused 55 gallon food grade barrel
- Easy to install and use
- Fully screened intake port keeps mosquitoes, insects, & debris out.
- Removable lid provides easy access to clean or fill watering cans.
- Overflow connector and tubing allows water to be directed away from the foundation or to join multiple barrels.
- Solid brass threaded spigot can be connected to a regular hose or soaker hose.
- Great storage place for hoses in the off season.
- Can be used with or without gutters. For use without gutters, you will need a location where water concentrates and flows off a roof.
- Elevate your barrel for easy access to the spigot.
Order your 2021 Rain Barrel
Deadline: May 19, 2021
2021 Pick Up Schedule
Due to the ongoing pandemic, specific pick up dates and times during Clean Water Week (June 6-12) will be announced on our website in early May.
Marginal Way, Portland
2 White Rock Rd., Standish
Questions About Rain Barrels
Contact Sebago Lake
774-5961 x3336Trouble Ordering? Please click here for help with PayPal.
Portland Stormwater Service Charge
The City of Portland offers residents the opportunity to reduce their monthly stormwater service charge by reducing the impact of runoff coming from their property. This is called a stormwater credit. There are various structures, practices, and tools that can be used to earn the credit but they must meet the criteria outlined in the Stormwater Credit Manual: http://www.portlandmaine.gov/DocumentCenter/View/9714
Rain barrels are not a creditworthy management system under the current credit manual.
Contact the City of Portland Water Resources Division with questions about the stormwater service charge:
Catherine Ellis | Stormwater Customer Service | SWCredit@portlandmaine.gov | Ph: 207-874-8462