Conserve Water and Stop Pollution!
As part of National Drinking Water Week, PWD partners directly with the manufacturer to offer discounted rain barrels at $60 (plus $3.30 tax). This is more than 50% off the retail price of $125!
Rain barrels are a great way to conserve water and reduce pollution! Rain water collected from your roof can be used to water lawns, gardens, and indoor plants.
About your rain barrel:
- Reused 55 gallon food grade barrel
- Easy to install and use
- Fully screened intake port keeps mosquitoes, insects, & debris out.
- Removable lid provides easy access to clean or fill watering cans.
- Overflow connector and tubing allows water to be directed away from the foundation or to join multiple barrels.
- Solid brass threaded spigot can be connected to a regular hose or soaker hose.
- Great storage place for hoses in the off season.
- Can be used with or without gutters. For use without gutters, you will need a location where water concentrates and flows off a roof.
- Elevate your barrel for easy access to the spigot.
2016 Ordering Now Available
East End Wastewater Treatment Facility
Saturday, May 7, 9 a.m.-noon
Wednesday, May 11, 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday, May 12, 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
The facility is located at the end of Marginal Way under Tukey’s Bridge.
Important Portland Pick Up Information: Your barrel must be picked up on one of the three dates listed above. After the final date, all barrels must be picked up in Standish.
Sebago Lake Ecology Center
1 White Rock Rd.
Friday, May 27, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Sebago Lake Ecology Center is located at the intersection of Routes 35 and 237 in Standish.
Questions About Rain Barrels
Contact Sebago Lake