About your rain barrel
As part of National Drinking Water Week and Clean Water Week, PWD partners directly with the manufacturer to offer discounted rain barrels at $75 (plus $4.13 tax). This is more than 50% off the retail price.
Rain barrels are a great way to conserve water and reduce pollution! Rain water collected from your roof can be used to water lawns, gardens, and indoor plants.
About your rain barrel:
- Reused 55 gallon food grade barrel
- Easy to install and use
- Fully screened intake port keeps mosquitoes, insects, & debris out.
- Removable lid provides easy access to clean or fill watering cans.
- Overflow connector and tubing allows water to be directed away from the foundation or to join multiple barrels.
- Solid brass threaded spigot can be connected to a regular hose or soaker hose.
- Great storage place for hoses in the off-season.
- Can be used with or without gutters. For use without gutters, you will need a location where water concentrates and flows off a roof.
- Elevate your barrel for easy access to the spigot.
Rain Barrel Installation Instructions
Price: $75 (plus $4.13 tax)
Pick Up Dates:
You must pick up your barrel during one of the times listed below. If your barrel is not picked up, you will forfeit your order. No refunds or exceptions.
Saturday June 10, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Tuesday June 13, 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday June 14, 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Pick Up Location:
East End Wastewater Treatment Facility
500 Marginal Way, Portland
Questions About Rain Barrels
Contact Rain Barrels
774-5961 x3336Trouble Ordering? Please click here for help with PayPal.
Portland Stormwater Service Charge
The City of Portland offers residents the opportunity to reduce their monthly stormwater service charge by reducing the impact of runoff coming from their property. This is called a stormwater credit. There are various structures, practices, and tools that can be used to earn the credit but they must meet the criteria outlined in the Stormwater Credit Manual: http://www.portlandmaine.gov/DocumentCenter/View/9714
Rain barrels are not a creditworthy management system under the current credit manual.
Contact the City of Portland Water Resources Division with questions about the stormwater service charge:
Catherine Ellis | Stormwater Customer Service | SWCredit@portlandmaine.gov | Ph: 207-874-8462