Conserve Water and Stop Pollution!
As part of National Drinking Water Week, PWD partners directly with the manufacturer to offer discounted rain barrels at $60 (plus $3.30 tax). This is more than 50% off the retail price of $125!
Rain barrels are a great way to conserve water and reduce pollution! Rain water collected from your roof can be used to water lawns, gardens, and indoor plants.
About your rain barrel:
- Reused 55 gallon food grade barrel
- Easy to install and use
- Fully screened intake port keeps mosquitoes, insects, & debris out.
- Removable lid provides easy access to clean or fill watering cans.
- Overflow connector and tubing allows water to be directed away from the foundation or to join multiple barrels.
- Solid brass threaded spigot can be connected to a regular hose or soaker hose.
- Great storage place for hoses in the off season.
- Can be used with or without gutters. For use without gutters, you will need a location where water concentrates and flows off a roof.
- Elevate your barrel for easy access to the spigot.
Rain Barrel Fact Sheet
Rain Barrel Installation Instructions
Rain Garden Fact Sheet
2016 Ordering Ended April 24
East End Wastewater Treatment Facility
Saturday, May 7, 9 a.m.-noon
Wednesday, May 11, 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday, May 12, 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
The facility is located at the end of Marginal Way under Tukey’s Bridge.
Important Portland Pick Up Information: Your barrel must be picked up on one of the three dates listed above. After the final date, all barrels must be picked up in Standish.
Sebago Lake Ecology Center
1 White Rock Rd.
Friday, May 27, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Sebago Lake Ecology Center is located at the intersection of Routes 35 and 237 in Standish.
Questions About Rain Barrels
Contact Sebago Lake
Please click here
for help with PayPal.
Common errors include credit card verification, guest sign in limits (10 times or $4,000 in purchases), and trying to pay as a guest when you have a PayPal account.