How can I conserve water in the kitchen and laundry room?
- Use appliances efficiently. Run full loads in the dish or clothes washer or, if your appliance has one, use a load selector.
- Buy a water saver. Select new appliances that are designed to minimize water use.
- Clean vegetables and fruit efficiently. Use a vegetable brush to expedite cleaning.
- Use garbage grinders as little as possible. Start a compost pile.
- Keep a pitcher of drinking water in the refrigerator. Avoid running the tap just to cool water for drinking or utilize that water for other uses such as watering plants.