Water Operations - Summer Intern
Department: Water Services
Pay Grade: Full time, $14/h for 12 weeks in the summer months
Purpose/Customer Impact:To provide technical support for the District’s water operational departments.
Reports To: Water Services –Utility Asset Coordinator
- Assist in providing inspection and data collection services on public and private property in order to meet functional and quality standards of PWD.
- Prepare and maintain accurate inspection location and data collection records of PWD and private facilities.
- Analyze collected data into a written narrative for improvement of District programs and operations.
- Ability to work in the field in a variety of weather conditions.
- Maintain a professional appearance while interacting with the public as part of the job duties.
Essential Job Functions: Standing, sitting, bending, twisting, reaching, squatting, visualaccuracy, clear verbal and written communication, telephone usage, keyboard usage.
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform Essential Job Functions andAccountabilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Prefer a student enrolled in a 2-yr or 4-yr Civil or Environmental Engineering program or closely related engineering or environmental science field.
- Demonstrated skills using Windows, Microsoft Office, and solid skills in Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both written and oral skills both internally and with the public.
- Proven analytical aptitude.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Portland Water District in Portland, Maine provides water and wastewater services to 200,000 customers in the Greater Portland area, and works to conserve and protect our water resources.