Network Administrator II
**Candidates must attach resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the employment application
Purpose/Customer Impact: This position works under the supervision of the Network Administrator III to help ensure reliability, efficiency and security of the District's LAN / WAN. Works with strategic teams to enhance computer operations. Identifies and resolves computer application deficiencies or problems through interaction with end-users.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to: Network Administrator III Direct Reports: None
Interrelationships: This position has daily contact with IS colleagues, frequent contact with other employees and occasional contact with vendors and consultants.
Independent Action: Primarily works independently in troubleshooting and resolving helpdesk-type issues and end-user training; makes recommendations; coordinates multiple tasks. Works on moderate-level LAN/WAN issues by either following established protocol or procedures, or with guidance/direction from the Network Administrator III or other IS colleagues.
- Working under the direction of the Network Administrator III, the daily management of a 180 user Windows 2003 AD network consisting of:
- A multi-server Windows network.
- 7 Citrix Presentation Servers.
- XenServer / XenDesktop Farm
- 200 client devices (PC’s, thin clients, laptops, smart phones) spread across 6 locations.
- 150 extension Shoretel VoIP phone system.
- 50 mobile workers utilizing AT&T GPRS wireless modems.
- Adtran data switch backbone.
- Fortinet Firewalls.
- EMC NAS iSCSI storage.
- Dell Equalogic storage.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Server.
- Microsoft Office 2010.
- Communication with our end users in order to understand their information management needs and assist in providing solutions to those needs.
- Regularly update, implement and test our Disaster Recovery plan.
- Routine network diagnostics, preventative maintenance including keeping software up to date and patched on bi-weekly network maintenance nights.
- IPad and IPhone support.
- Mobile device management.
- After hours support as needed.
- Perform other Network Administrator II related duties as required.
Essential Job Functions: Sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, twisting, squatting, visual accuracy, clear verbal and written communication, extended keyboard usage, telephone usage, lifting (max 50 lbs.), driving.
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a qualified disability (ies) to perform essential functions.
- Possess an Associate’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience.
- Possess a minimum of two years (preferred) or one year experience assisting the support of a LAN/WAN
- Possess a minimum of two years’ experience in a primary Help Desk role.
- Possess a minimum of one year experience with Wi-Fi technologies.
- Possess a Windows certification or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of DHCP, DNS, VoIP and Active Directory.
- Ability to comprehend complex problems using knowledge, judgment and tact to work towards a resolution with proven ability to manage projects through to successful completion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines and handle multiple, changing priorities with ease.
- Possess a willingness to explore new technology and to effect and implement change.
- Possess strong organizational, communication, customer service and technical skills.
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Maine Driver’s License, with a satisfactory driving record