Network Administrator I
Applications are only accepted via our website - must submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements
Purpose/Customer Impact: This position works under the supervision of the Network Administrator III to help ensure reliability, efficiency and security of the District's LAN / WAN. Identifies and resolves computer application deficiencies or problems through interaction with end-users.
Reports to: Network Administrator III
Direct Reports: None
Interrelationships: This position has daily contact with IS colleagues, frequent contact with other employees and occasional contact with vendors and consultants.
Independent Action: Primarily works independently in troubleshooting and resolving helpdesk-type issues and end-user training; makes recommendations; works on lower level LAN/WAN issues by either following established protocol or procedures, or with guidance/direction from the Network Administrator III or other IS colleagues.
- Assisting the Network Administrator II in the daily management of a 180 user Windows 2008 AD network consisting of:
- XenServer / XenApp Farm
- Fortinet Firewalls.
- Dell Equalogic Storage
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Server.
- Microsoft Office 2016.
- Primary contact for all help desk related tickets.
- Escalate tickets to appropriate IS staff as needed.
- Monthly reporting of all help desk activities.
- Daily server health checks.
- Day to day equipment purchasing (quotes, requisitions, order tracking etc.)
- Tracking and renewing of over 50 yearly software renewal contracts
- Communication with our end users in order to understand their information management needs and assist in providing solutions to those needs.
- Routine network diagnostics, preventative maintenance including keeping software up to date and patched on bi-weekly network maintenance nights.
- IPad and IPhone support.
- Rotating on call schedule.
- Perform other Network Administrator I related duties as required.
Essential Job Functions: Sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, twisting, squatting, visual accuracy, clear verbal and written communication, extended keyboard usage, telephone usage, lifting (max 50#), driving.
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a qualified disability (ies) to perform essential functions.
- Possess an Associate’s degree in Computer Science (preferred) or equivalent training and experience.
- Possess a valid State of Maine Class C Driver’s License, with a clean driving record.
- Possess a minimum of one years (preferred) or one year experience assisting the support of a LAN/WAN
- Possess a minimum of one years’ experience in a primary Help Desk role. (preferred)
- Understanding of DHCP, DNS, VoIP and Active Directory.
- Possess a Windows certification or equivalent experience.
- Ability to comprehend complex problems using knowledge, judgment and tact to work towards a resolution with proven ability to manage projects through to successful completion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines and handle multiple, changing priorities with ease.
- Possess a willingness to explore new technology and to effect and implement change.
- Possess strong organizational, communication, customer service and technical skills.