Facility Maintenance Technician - Temporary
29 hours per week, for approximately 5 months $14.00 per hour (during Emergency Status in the City of Portland, the rate will be $18.23)
Purpose/Customer Impact: Provide temporary skills and labor for the District’s Facilities Maintenance staff.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to: Facility Maintenance Foreperson Direct Reports: none
Interrelationships: Daily contact with internal customers, as needed.
- Complete the District’s painting tasks, as directed by the Facility Maintenance Foreperson.
- Responsible for the care and proper use of all equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Assist maintenance staff with light carpentry, pipefitting and plumbing, masonry, electrical, and boiler HVAC work.
- Perform some grounds maintenance work, mowing, weed whacking, brush cleanup, loaming and seeding.
- Assist facilities maintenance staff with equipment inspection and preventative maintenance.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Essential Job Functions: Driving, sitting, standing, reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, kneeling, visual accuracy, lifting (max 50lbs), walking, clear verbal and written communication.
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Maine Class C Driver’s License, with a clean driving record.
- Possess some experience in structural painting.
- Ability to understand, follow and relay oral and written instructions or descriptions encountered on the job.
- Must be physically able to complete necessary tasks while wearing an approved respirator, as required.