Customer Service Coordinator
Applications are only accepted via our website - Hourly rate range is $18.14 thru Regular rate $22.68
Purpose/Customer Impact: This position responds to customer inquires professionally, timely and confidentially; maintains accurate customer records and bills; provides credit and collection services; maintains effective working relationships with local municipalities; and maintains productive working relationships with District employees.
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Interrelationships: Daily contact with any person requiring information or assistance from the District, including, but not limited to rate payers, municipal staff, watershed customers and District employees.
Independent Action: Limited direct supervision, recommendation authority.
- Maintains accurate accounts by; auditing usage and reviewing reports; performing adjustments; updating service and billing addresses; initiating and processing service requests and work orders for new and final accounts, meter installations, meter removals and miscellaneous work processes requiring investigation.
- Performs credit and collection services for active and inactive accounts by; initiating disconnection notices, letters or liens for delinquent balances; negotiating payment arrangements; and exercising authority to disconnect service when necessary.
- Performs bill staging for active and final accounts.
- Performs Automated Meter Reading functions such as downloading and uploading routes; estimating reads and investigating high, low and zero usage.
- Processes and resolves damage claims within authorized levels.
- Computes bills based on approved rate schedules.
- Provides cashiering services, sells meters and water conservation devices.
- Provides back-up services for Control Center Operators.
- Provides information and coordinates District programs such as Private Hydrants, Direct Payment, etc.
- Responds professionally, respectfully, confidentially and timely to customer inquiries and complaints and strives to be the single point of contact for accountabilities within job description. Communication could be in person, by telephone, internet, radio or letter.
- Communicates with District employees by sharing information; participating in meetings and teams; and by providing constructive feedback in a respectful manner.
- Follows CIS procedures; the Maine Public Utility Commission standards for residential and commercial utility services (known as Chapter 810 and Chapter 860); the District Credit and Collection Policy; and the District Terms and Conditions.
- Answers switchboard and performs receptionist duties.
- Schedules work for field personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions: Extended keyboard usage, sitting, telephone usage, clear verbal and written communication, visual accuracy, acute hearing, twisting, reaching, bending, lifting (max 25lbs)
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Two years experience as a Customer Service Representative in a Call Center, preferably in the utility industry, however, 1 year experience will be considered.
- Ability to key 40 words per minute.
- Must function comfortably in a fast-paced, performance-based call center where calls are monitored, recorded and assessed to ensure quality service.
- Ability to communicate clearly, respectfully and professionally, achieving positive results in adverse situations.
- Ability to retrieve, modify and save documents in Microsoft applications such as; Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must perform basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and calculation of percentages.
- Ability to self motivate and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to function in a team environment by sharing skills and ideas with coworkers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Possess a State of Maine Drivers License with a clean driving record.
- Present a neat appearance to promote a professional image of the District.