Business Systems Analyst
Please submit application, resume and cover letter with salary requirements
Purpose/Customer Impact: Reviews, analyzes, evaluates business systems and user information needs. Supports implementation and operations of information systems, including being a project manager, as assigned. Applies knowledge of relational database concepts, SQL, client-server concepts and Microsoft SharePoint, Power Bi, IBM Cognos and ESRI GIS. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to: Information Services Manager Direct Reports: None
Interrelationships: Position has daily contact with IS colleagues, frequent contact with other employees, vendors and consultants. Participation, supporting and/or leading project teams across the company.
Independent Action: Create project work plans and system evaluations. Develop and implement requested applications. Educate and train users during solution implementation. Diagnose and repair problems independently or with assistance from the IS colleagues or vendors. Attend training for core technology toolbox.
- Communicate with District personnel to understand their information needs and assist in providing solutions to those needs.
- Participate on and occasionally organize cross-departmental implementation teams and create project plans or system evaluations to successfully carry out objectives.
- Organize, schedule and facilitate regular communication with key employees and implementation team in order to successfully meet project milestones.
- Evaluate associated training needs of end-users and plan, recommend (and implement as appropriate) an educational curriculum focused on the successful application of project information technology.
- Leverage functionality of core information technology to support end user needs and corporate initiatives.
- Collaborate with Senior Business Systems Analyst, Database Administrator and Network Administrator to ensure reliable and stable databases and connectivity.
- Assist with the support of PWD’s ESRI GIS system
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- Schedule regular meeting with Administration and Operation Department Directors to review information needs. Convey information technology training needs of employees to Directors.
- Work with Information Services Manager to prioritize project requests.
Essential Job Functions: Sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, telephone usage, visual accuracy, extended keyboard usage, clear verbal and written communications, lifting (max 25#), driving
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or 1-3 years of equivalent work experience with graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven knowledge Crystal Reports
- Proven knowledge GIS Server fundamentals
- Proven knowledge SQL commands
- Project management experience (PMP Project Management Professional preferred)
- Proven oral and written communication skills across a wide range of internal and external customers.
- Ability to comprehend complex problems and use knowledge, judgment and tact to work towards successful solution.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and contribute to success of project goals.
- Ability to coach and motivate team members in resolving issues positively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.