Asset Management Program Manager
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements
Purpose/Customer Impact: To enhance internal and external customer satisfaction by translating customer needs into new products and services, as well as improving the efficiency of routine business practices. Strong focus on asset registry development, data integration
Reporting Relationships: Reports to: Engineering Services Manager Direct Reports: None
Interrelationships: Daily interaction with the Engineering Services Manager, AMaP staff, and IT staff. Frequent interaction with management and staff from other District departments. Occasional interaction with city, state, and regulatory officials, consultants, contractors, vendors, and the public.
Independent Action: With minimum support, responsible to learn, analyze, understand and support AMaP Engineering’s strategic and operational goals, systems data and methods. Provides cogent recommendations to improve processes and systems to enhance the Asset Information Management (AIM) user experience. Applies technical and interpersonal expertise to successfully implement authorized improvements including creating and providing training to employees.
- Provide technical expertise for the asset management system software, database, interfaces and related processes and systems. These efforts should reflect knowledge of industry standard asset management frameworks to the extent adopted and implemented by PWD. This knowledge will be necessary to create, add or change asset and event structures and troubleshoot asset and work process issues.
- Analyze statistical data to spot trends that require corrective action and research products, services or processes that enhance system utilization and provide efficiency gains.
- Become proficient in all programs and software utilized to deliver AIM such as: CMMS/CIS(Hansen), GIS(ESRI), CAD(AutoCAD), Data Management/Warehouse (HachWIMS, Pi), SCADA (iFix), Database (Access, SQL), Web presentation (Drupal), etc.
- Work with Engineering Services Manager to prioritize, review and implement projects.
- Develop and write reports using Crystal Enterprise, or other District supported software, to ensure accurate asset data and work process generation. Collaborate with IT staff to develop database views and integrations to support asset creation, data maintenance, data analysis, and end-user data utilization.
- Ensure successful completion of projects by developing a project plan, create the product or service with assistance from PWD staff or contractors, meeting established goals and deadlines, managing resources, reporting on progress, establishing and operating within budget.
- Provide or oversee design services, and resolve problems that arise during project implementation.
- Organize or participate on cross-departmental implementation teams and create project plans or system evaluations to successfully carry out objectives.
- Create procedures that document processes and knowledge.
- Provide education and training for end-users on new, existing or enhanced processes or products.
- Document, maintain, integrate PWD asset focused recording keeping repositories.
- Assist with project planning in preparation for annual AMaP budget.
- Assist with RFP (Request for Proposal) bid process.
- Make presentations to staff, vendors, public, management or trustees.
- Make informed decisions based on the District’s policies and procedures, terms and conditions, the Maine Drinking Water Program and the Maine Public Utilities Commission’s Rules and Regulations.
- Provide supervisory support of assigned temporary staff and input on project team member reviews.
- Promote and practice safe work habits.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Essential Job Functions: Sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, telephone usage, visual accuracy, extended keyboard usage, clear verbal and written communications, lifting (max 50 lbs.).
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent computer science work experience.
- Four years project management experience implementing asset management system, data management or other customer relations management system.
- Experiences that demonstrate practical understanding and application of relational databases.
- High level utilizing Crystal Report Writing (or other report writing software) and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Pivot, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio), GIS a plus
- High level utilizing Technical Software CAD, GIS, Modeling.
- Skills and experience analyzing data, assessing trends, exploring new technology, conceiving solutions, communicating recommendations, designing solutions, managing project budget, training end users and deploying.
- Demonstrated analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills involving complicated.
- Successful at teaching/training non-technical personnel to learn and apply processes and systems.
- Possesses good listening skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, handle frequent interruptions and make informed decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective application of total quality management principals and conflict management.
- Presents a professional image when working with internal and external customers.
- Experience working within state or federal regulations (such as environmental regulatory agencies, etc.).