Administrative Assistant - Finance II
Interested candidates, please attach resume and cover letter to application. 6 month probationary rate $20.96/hour - Regular rate $22.06/hour
Purpose/Customer Impact: Perform financial transactions to provide data for customers in an accurate, cost effective and timely manner. Maintain financially related subsidiary records, billing records and reconcile financial transactions to other sources including the general ledger and accounts receivable.
Reports to: Director of Financial Services Direct Reports: None
Interrelationships: Works as member of financial services, and has daily contact with other members of the financial services teams, and regular contact with billing customers and vendors. They may also have monthly contact with municipal employees, contractors and payment agencies. In addition, will interact with customers/public during coverage of the front desk.
Independent Action: Utilizing pre-established guidelines, determine how financial and customer service transactions should be processed. Identifies exceptions transactions and determines appropriate actions.
- Process financial transactions from source documents.
- Maintain and reconcile subsidiary manual and computer records.
- Update non-financial statistical records and compare to financial data.
- Provide data to internal and external customers in an agreed upon format.
- Provide assistance to other members of the Financial Services department.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Deliver and process internal mail.
- Share skills and ideas with co-workers.
- Take initiative to meet or exceed quality standards; take initiative to complete special projects and developmental goals as committed to in the performance management process.
- Support Customer Service Department by covering the front desk (as needed).
Essential Job Functions: Extended keyboard usage, sitting, standing, clear verbal and written communication, bending, twisting, reaching, telephone usage, visual accuracy, lifting (max 25lbs).
Minimum Requirements: An individual must be able to perform Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Graduation from an accredited high school.
- Basic math skills to calculate bills and adjustments based on PWD rates.
- Two years of relevant experience with automated financial systems that includes the input, proof and reconciliation of financial data.
- Computer experience with an emphasis on spreadsheets. Must have moderate level of competency in Excel, Word and Office.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to reason and analyze.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills sufficient to successfully present ideas to others in person and on the phone.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment, including the commitment to share skills and ideas with co-workers.
- Strong attention to detail.